Do you know how easy it is to make homemade cranberry sauce? I didn't until about a year ago. I actually felt pretty foolish for ever buying the canned version when I realized how simple it really is! Most cranberry sauces are sweetened with sugar, but I used honey in order for it to be GAPS-friendly and I didn't notice a difference at all. I would have loved to make this with freshly squeezed orange juice, rather than water, but my family is not yet eating citrus.
Cranberry sauce sweetened with honey
- 3 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 cup water or orange juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- Add all ingredients to a pot
- Bring to a boil over medium heat
- Cook for 10-15 minutes until all the cranberries have "popped"
- Give it a stir and let it cool