27 & A Giveaway!
Guess what!? It's my birthday!
I will be 30 years old in T-minus 3 years... but for those who aren't so great at math (or space shuttle launches), that means I am now 27 years old! I think I prefer to think of my age according to how close I am to 30. I am excited for that milestone! There's no shame in getting older as long as you're also getting wiser :) Right?!
On that note, here's a list of 27 random things I have learned about myself, life, and the world around me:
- Kangaroos can push the pause button on their own pregnancy until life conditions are suitable for giving birth to a joey.
- I've never liked the colour orange. It makes me angry.
- We are all made on purpose, for a purpose, and with a purpose.
- Being a mom is more challenging than giving birth.
- I am not, and will never be, perfect. I am learning to be okay with that.
- I used to be grossed out by cooking meat. Now I am excited to start making broth using chicken feet.
- I am short but I don't feel like I am.
- I don't enjoy country music. At all.
- Friends are important, even if they enjoy country music.
- Jesus is my Saviour and the Lord of my life. I am not ashamed of that.
- Food is good but it no longer controls my life.
- Polar bears have black skin & clear fur.
- I wish I were a professional dancer, but having dance parties with my kids is way more fun.
- My "word" for 2014 is CONQUER. I will no longer assume I can't do something and give up before I try.
- I am stronger than I think I am.
- Your REM sleep is like a filing system for your brain.
- I still remember arguing with my friends in elementary school about the lyrics of "Pretty Fly for a White Guy" by the Offspring. It says "getting INK done" not "getting IT done." Argument settled.
- I thought I hated snow because the people around me hated snow. But actually, I love snow!
- I am a ruthless purger. I don't get sentimental about most things.
- People always want more for less.
- If someone says something that angers you, check to see if there's some truth to it before you get defensive.
- Laughing strengthens your immune system.
- Getting married does not solve all your problems.
- Neither does having kids.
- Money doesn't buy happiness, but it does buy things that can enrich your life.
- Living with joy & peace are choices you make regardless of your circumstances.
- GIVING IS BETTER THAN GETTING!
What better way to celebrate my birthday than to give YOU something! I truly appreciate each one of you who follows my blog, as there's no "ripple" unless people like you join me on this incredible journey of health & healing. So, thank you!
Sorry, this giveaway has ended! Not to worry... I love to give things away to my email subscribers!!
How To Enter
Use the Rafflecopter widget below to enter the giveaway. Make sure you come back every day to earn more entries for tweeting and sharing!
I will announce the lucky winner on Thursday, January 23rd, 2014. The winner will have 72 hours to contact me with his/her full name and email address. There is no purchase necessary to win. This giveaway is open to everyone.