If you've been following my blog for a while, you may have noticed a theme when it comes to my vegetable dishes... I love roasting my vegetables! Trust me, I still eat a lot of raw and steamed veggies too, but roasted veggies are always the family's favourite!
In fact, Buttons will often ask me: "Mom, are we having roasted for dinner?" She doesn't even ask what kind of vegetable I am making for dinner, she just wants to know if I am roasting something.
Like all moms, sometimes I am too tired, distracted, lazy, forgetful, etc. to plan ahead and will often serve my family a quick salad or raw veggies (we almost always have pre-cut carrot sticks in the fridge thanks to my helpful hubby.) But, making food my family loves is what I love to do, so I try to make some kind of roasted vegetable at least once a week.
Since (as I mentioned above) there are usually pre-cut carrot sticks in my fridge, making roasted carrots involves very little work on my part! All I need to remember is to put the darn things in the oven ahead of time :)
So if you want a simple and delicious way to serve up some beta-carotene rich carrots, check out the recipe below!
- 10-12 carrots
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or ghee (these are both good for high heat cooking and taste delicious)
- salt & pepper
- spices of choice (smoked paprika is my favourite for roasted veggies)
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Cut the carrots into sticks; try to get them as uniform as possible so they all cook evenly
- In a large bowl, toss melted oil/ghee with carrots and spices
- Place carrots on two pans; they cook best if they're in one layer and not over-crowded
- Cook in the oven for 20-30 minutes, turning them over halfway through cooking time
Word of caution: these carrots are so good that your family will devour the full dozen carrots so fast you'll wonder if you even remembered to make them.
Do your kids love vegetables? If not, have you tried roasting them?
This post shared at: